tree-1.3 with unofficial patches
1 June, 2001
Original version of the tree-1.3 was coded by Steve Baker for Linux,
and I have put following modifications:
- Now, runs on OS/2 systems.
- When running on OS/2 with option -p, prints the file attributes in
'adhrs' format for each file, instead of the protections in
'drwxrwxrwx' format, (See screen shot one)
- Added RFC2396 URI encoding for HTML output.
- Added style sheet to HTML output, to display links without underlines.
- Added the host name which is specified in the `-H' option, to
<TITLE> section. (See screen shot two)
- Added --charset option, to specify which character set is used for
- If there are line draw characters in the specified character set,
the indentation lines are printed with them.
(See screen shot two; This sample was generated
by modified version of tree with `--charset=UTF-8' option).
- You can specify any IANA registered character set name.
- If you want more about supported character sets, see
patched source code.
- But I have tested only following character sets:
- Now, `-S' option is equal to `--charset=IBM437'.
- When running on OS/2 systems, the default value of this option is
according to current codepage. On the other systems, no default.
- Improved command line parser. Now, any spaces are not required between
option switch character and its argument. For example, `-ofile' will be
recognized as `-o file'.
- Original version of the tree 1.3 without my patches
(The original version was coded by Steve Baker for Linux).
- My patches (for Linux and OS/2)
- Compiled binary for OS/2 WARP