12. Exception Handling and Debugging
[Disagreement with ANS]
- If the line number is omitted, the value of EXLINE is 0.
- If an exit-do or exit-for statement is executed in the exception-handler of a when-use-block that is contained in a do-block or for-block, the control escapes from the exception handler. (ANS does not mention this.)
- When an exception is caused by a statement lexically within an exception-handler, this exception is handled as an ordinary exception.
- 12.1.6 Remarks
- When an exception occurs within a def-statement, this system obeys the rule in 12.1.4. (The description in ANS is probably incorrect.)
- Results of a trace-statement may slightly differ from the standard, in particular, even if an assign-statement is executed, no report shall be outputted if the value of the variable is not changed.
- Only array elements that are changed in values are reported.
On the description at 12.1.4
"A separate GOSUB stack is associated with each exception-handler (cf. 8.2) ... ",
"exception-handler" seems to be a mistake for "detached-handler".